asif0012

Missing Czech Language Translations

Hello,

I am using Advanced Installer, version 20.8, Enterprise Edition.

I am trying to enable translation for the Czech language in my multilingual installer package, which currently supports English, German, and French. However, I have noticed that many translations for the Czech language are missing, unlike the other languages.

How can I resolve the missing translations for the Czech language?

Best regards,
Asif
Catalin

Re: Missing Czech Language Translations

Hello Asif,

I'm sorry to hear that.

These translations are usually done by our customers, which we reward with some months of Maintenance Plan for their efforts.

A possible way to fix this yourself, if you are proficient in Czech, would be to update the dictionary file (AIU) from the "dictionaries" folder (in the Advanced Installer installation folder).

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
asif0012

Hello Catalin,

Thank you for your response.

I can replace the required dictionary file from the installation dictionary on my local machine. If the translations are accurate, this should resolve the issue for local builds.

However, I must also build the installer in my CI/CD pipeline using GitHub Actions. Is it possible to change the dictionary for the Czech language while using GitHub Actions? If yes, how should I proceed?

Following is the provided guide for automating build using GitHub Actions:
https://www.advancedinstaller.com/autom ... tions.html

Best regards,
Asif
Catalin

Hello Asif,

Indeed, using GitHub actions this might not be possible to achieve on your end alone, considering AI is downloaded when you use GitHub Actions.

That being said, do you think you can share the dictionary file with me so we can update it on our end?

If so, please forward it to me by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”