lagen

.net 3.5

Hi

I have add .net 3.5 SP1 in prerequisites but I not get question of install .net 3.5.
I need that for an old C++ project that not run on never .net framework.
Liviu

Re: .net 3.5

Hello,

This can happen if you try to install the package on a modern operating system such as Windows 10, 11.

This prerequisite is already included in new operating systems, and if you want to prompt for its installation, you need to check the desired supported Windows Versions from the Conditions tab of your prerequisite:
prereq condition.png
prereq condition.png (39.34 KiB) Viewed 4244 times

If that is not the case, can you please send us the .AIP (setup project) file by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further test and investigate this? Also, tell us on which operating system you are trying to install the configuration.

Best regards,
Liviu

This solve the problem, but now windows defender report the file to include virus
Liviu

Hello,

This is a false positive, I ensure you. Nowadays, antivirus heuristics are changing daily and becoming increasingly aggressive.

This may happen if the setup is not digitally signed. Did you sign it? Once you sign it, this problem should go away.

We also submitted a false positive report to Microsoft for one of our files (ExternalUi.exe) and we wait to be whitelisted soon.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”